Welcome to LESL
Established in 1993 and now employing more than twenty highly-skilled staff, we specialise in repairing and rewinding all manner of motors - from the smallest AC/DC motor through to the very largest of industrial electrical drives and installations.
Including power stations, docks and quarry installation work.
We offer a 24-hour service for rewinds and mechanical repair to AC/DC electric motors, gearboxes and transformers. We are located less than 5 miles from Brook Crompton Motors in Huddersfield & hold some of the largest stocks of Brook Crompton Motors in the UK which means we offer the BEST prices on all our Brook Crompton Motors .
Our design, build and installation team complete with technical support from Brook Crompton, Danfoss and Mitsubishi enable us to provide the best energy efficient packages tailored to suit your specific industrial drive requirements.
LESL was founded on 2nd July 1993 as electrical engineers installers specialising in the sourcing, installation and repair of energy efficient lighting, rotating machines and control gear..
To support this we are premier distributors of the full range of BROOK CROMPTON electric motors, Danfoss and MITSIBUSHI inverters and drive systems.
Our service centre at Meltham is centrally located within the M1/M62 corridors and less than 5 miles away from one of the largest European Study of energy efficient motors at Brook Crompton's UK central warehouse in Huddersfield.
Our electrical services embrace low, medium and high voltage installations and is supported by our modern Service Centre @ Meltham repairing electrical rotating machines a.c. (thru 3.3kV) and d.c. plus associated control gear and transformers with a lifting capacity up to 7.5 Tonnes and load testing via our Heenan Froude Dynanometer through 200amps a.c. or d.c.
In house and onsite trailing cable repairs (as undertaken for Drax Power Station), bespoke electrical control panels designed and manufactured to customers requirements.
Our family's experience and know-how in the electrical engineering and contracting service sector dates back to 1947 and is now in its third generation providing their proven expertise in the efficient use of electrical energy in commerce and industry.
We are main agents for:
- Brook Crompton Motors
IE1 – Standard Efficiency (comparable to EFF2)
IE2 High Efficiency (comparable to EFF1)
IE3 – Premium efficiency (comparable to USA ‘Nema’ Premium 60Hz)
In stock from 0.9kW though full range including those for use in standard, safe and hazardous areas.
- Mitsubishi Automation Specialists
- Gamak Motors
- ATB Morley
- ATB Laurence Scott and Electromotors
- Danfoss Invertors
We specialise in:
- AC & DC Motor Repairs.
- Load testing motors and drives.
- Manufacturing bespoke control panels.
- Electrical contracting.
- Air conditioning hvac.
- Energy saving lighting schemes.
- Power factor correction.
- On site energy advice
- Our in house services include arranging local authority grants toward the cost of introducing energy efficient lighting and drives - please contact us for details of grants available within Kirklees.
We also supply & repair:
- ABB Motors (first authorised repair shop in North of England)
- Siemens motors, drive systems and plc`s
- Rotor Motors
- SEW Motors & Gearboxes
- Lense Drive Systems
- Leroy Somer Motors & Geared Brake Motors
- Binder Brakes
- Fan Systems
- Alldays Peacock
- ECP Carbon Products
- TEC Motors
- Drum-Conveyer Motors
- Anglo Carbon and Contacts full range
- AMIR Power Transmissions
- WEG Electric Motors
- Parvalux Geared Motors
- A/C Motors
- D/C Motors
- Carbon Brushes, Slip Rings and Brush Box Springs
- Commutators, Brush Boxes & Arms
- Trailing Cable repairs in house and on site
- Impellors Balanced & Repaired
- Starters Supplied & Fitted
- Mechanical Seals
- Gas Booster Units serviced & built to spec
- Bonfiglioni gear boxes
- Haynau Gear Boxes
- Flaktwoodfan Units
- Lowara Pumps
- Calpida Pumps
- Chem-resist Pumps
- Encoders & Resolvers
- DC Traction Motors
Established over 20 years, Lawton Electrical Services Ltd is one of the largest independently owned electric motor and control gear repairers in the UK servicing the UK.
We supply, install, maintain and repair electric motors, inverter drives, pumps, fans, gearboxes, generators, transformers, switchgear and all ancillary equipment. By investing heavily in our staff as well as the latest up to date repair and test equipment, we aim to offer the highest possible levels of service to all aspects of work we do as well as offering a genuine 24 hours repair solution.
We aim to offer the best engineering solutions & products to all our customer's needs may that be a single item or complete line of motors & inverters.
Our aims are to provide & create value for our customers by offering the most cost effective solution, whether that be via repair or replacement.
- Our team of manufacturer trained sales engineers offering a wide range of options for your motor needs
- Free telephone support
- Free 2-3 day delivery
- 2 & 3 year manufacturer warranties on certain items.
- In house workshops available for stock modifications including fitting of flanges, brakes, forced ventilation kits etc
- Access to over £5M stock of electric motors
If you can't find what you are looking for give us a call!
We supply Brook Crompton motors and as such are one of the largest stockists within the UK of their 'World' and 'S10' range complemented with extensive stock of spares.
BROOK CROMPTON Motors High efficiency range of motors IN STOCK for Immediate delivery anywhere in the UK same day if required by our dedicated delivery staff or via courier.
As a Brook Crompton premier distributor we have 24 hour access to their stocks, up to 400kW, 5 miles from Power House in Huddersfield We can supply it faster than anybody!
Our stock modification facility enables fastest turn rounds on:
- Brake kits in stock for same day fitting & delivery
- Force vent units in stock
- Tacho Generators and encoders
- Thermistors and heaters & Increased output motors
- Brook Crompton
- Danfoss Inverters
- Leroy Somer
- Kendrion Binder
- Fractional horse power though large industrial
- Single or multi speed
- Safe or hazardous area
- Alternators and generators.
Full load testing facilities thru 200 Amps A.C. or D.C. in house and above via our associate companies.
Our staff are qualified, via the AEMT training scheme, to carry out repairs to hazardous area motors.
We are able to collect & return jobs to site using our own fleet of vehicles.
Our half tonne vehicle mounted electric crane enables us to handle industrial motors on site.
We offer further services such as:
- Site visits to assist removal & installation of motors
- On site repairs.
- Balancing facility
- Condition monitoring (vibration analysis, thermal imaging)
- Energy consumption surveys; and much more besides.
Lawtons have been associated with the supply of Motors and Drives since 1947.
We can source any other manufacturers if specified by the customer.
Lawtons will happily visit site to inspect and discuss specific application requirements.
We will identify and suggest the most efficient and cost effective answers.
We can now offer complete packages, often within 24 hours, comprising:
- Electric Motor - ac or dc.
- Speed Control - inverter drive or dc controller
We aim to offer the complete drive solution and be the best service provider.
- Panel transformers
- 3 Phase transformers
- Solenoid coils
- Electromagnetic clutches & Brakes
Electric Motor Refurbishment Plan:
We examine and provide a written report on the condition of the Electric Motor and specify / quote work and component parts required. (usually within 24hrs)
- We can remanufacture Shafts etc... as required. We utilise a well equipped workshop with all the necessary skills to repair or remanufacture parts to their original condition. We only fit quality bearings and seals. Only the best is good enough, SKF, FAG, NTN, RHP etc...
- We give 12 Months Guarantee on all Electric Motors that we completely rewind. If refurbishment is not economically viable, we will offer a quotation for a new motor.
Industrial Pump Refurbishment Plan:
We examine and provide a written report on the condition of Pump and work and parts required. (usually within 24hrs)
As well as machining we also offer a fabrication service consisting of mig and tig welding in stainless, aluminium and mild steel.
LESL are able to offer A SPECIAL 1 OFF Manufacturing / repair service of every type of bearing manufactured such as Standard ball bearings, Spherical roller bearings, , Large bearings, Food approved bearings, Stainless bearings through to high speed spindle bearings as well as hard to find obsolete bearings.